When it comes to FCPA compliance, ethics and compliance professionals face the U.S. Sentencing Guidelines’ 7 Elements of an Effective Compliance Program; the 13 Good Practices by the OECD on Internal Controls, Ethics, and Compliance; the UK’s 6 Principles for “Adequate Procedures”; the 9 Hallmarks of Effective Compliance Programs according to the DOJ’s FCPA Guidance… and the list goes on. It’s essential that companies routinely assess their organizations’ FCPA risk and ensure they have the proper internal controls to effectively comply with the law. If you want to know more about Internal Controls & Compliance Risk Assessments I hope that you can join me next Thursday, December 4th in Hosuton. The Network is hosting is a complimentary, half-day event for a limited audience in the Houston area, where you’ll have the chance to hear from top ethics and compliance professionals including Stephen Martin, founder and managing director of Baker & McKenzie Compliance Consulting, and myself.
- Baker McKenzie’s 5 Essential Elements of Corporate Compliance
- Best practice compliance risk assessment methodology
- How to avoid the 12 common pitfalls of compliance risk assessments
- What a company’s obligations are regarding internal controls under the FCPA
- What internal controls are required to meet this obligation
- How you can determine which internal controls your company needs
1:00 pm – Registration & Networking
1:30 pm – Welcome & Introductions
1:45 pm – Session 1: Conducting Effective Compliance Risk Assessments
3:15 pm – Networking Break & Solution Demos
3:45 pm – Session 2: Understanding Your Internal Control Obligations
4:45 pm – Group Discussion / Q&A
5:00 pm – Cocktail Reception
You can find out more about this exciting and informative event by clicking here.