Show notes for Episode 16, for the week ending August 5.
- Matthew Stephenson article on the Global Anti-Corruption Blog on JP Morgan sons and daughters FCPA Enforcement Action. My take on this piece on the FCPA Compliance Report.
- Financial Times Op-Ed Piece on why the US government must lead the global fight in corruption.
- FCPA Blog article on FinCen investigation into beneficial ownership in large real estate transactions involving cash expands.
- Bureau van Dijk was made available a replay of its webinar on beneficial ownership issues, featuring Mike Volkov.
- From Corporate Counsel – the article “It’s Clear Now That Employees Must Cooperate in Probes”. This details a case where a New York court upheld the termination of two Marsh employees for failure to participate in a company internal investigation.
- From Above The Law – Catalyst demonstrates how leveraging eDiscovery tools is an effective harness Data analytics to help companies show a commitment compliance in response to the New DOJ FCPA Pilot Program.
- Jay recaps his Weekend Report.
- I preview my upcoming blog and video podcast series on the Ten Hallmarks of an Effective Compliance Program.