In this episode, Jay and I have a wide-ranging discussion on the intersection of culture, compliance and ethics. We discuss:
- German authorities raid at VW investigation counsel, Jones Day, offices in Germany and what it may portend for FCPA investigation. See Tom’s article on the FCPA Blog.
- British cycling team scandal. See Tom’s article on the FCPA Blog.
- Uber, culture and corporate governance. See FT article, “Crisis inside the cult of Travis”.
- Venezuela begins to investigate PDVSA for corruption. See article in the Wall Street Journal.
- Federal reserve seeks lifetime ban for JPMorgan bankers who ran the illegal ‘Sons and Daughters’ hiring program. See article in the FCPA Blog.
- Tom reveals an exciting new podcast, the Compliance Report-International Edition, which will premier next week. The initial episode will feature Carlos Ayers on recent anti-corruption developments in Brazil and South America.
- Jay previews his weekend report.
- Tom reports on a talk about 3rd party ROI at the upcoming Third-Party Risk Management & Oversight Summit, on March 20 & 21 at the Princeton Club in New York City. Listeners to this podcast will receive a 15% discount off of the regular price of the event. To take advantage of this offer enter the Code CMP 161. For more information on the event, check out the website by clicking here.
Jay Rosen new contact information:
Jay Rosen, CCEP
Vice President, Business Development
Affiliated Monitors, Inc.
Mobile (310) 729-6746
Toll Free (866)-201-0903
What is the intersection of compliance and culture? Jay Rosen and I explore in This Week in FCPA.Click to tweet