In this episode, Jay Rosen returns from a week’s trip to Walt Disney World. Jay and I have a wide-ranging discussion on some of the week’s top compliance related stories. We discuss:
- DOJ Criminal Division’s Acting Principal Deputy Assistant Attorney General remarks on the FCPA and its enforcement. – See text of speech by clicking here. See Matt Kelly’s blog post by clicking here.
- Whistleblowers in the news. See Tom’s article on the Barclay’s CEO and Amtrust in FCPA Blog and on KPMG in Compliance Week. Mike Volkov weighs on whistleblowing as indicia of corporate culture here.
- One year reports note that declinations are on the rise under the on the now one-year old FCPA Pilot Program. For Miller & Chevalier report click here (sub. req’d). For the Stanford University FCPA Clearinghouse Report in the Wall Street Journal, click here.
- Tribute to Kara Brockmeyer, retiring as head of the SEC’s FCPA Unit. See Tom’s article in Compliance Week.
- Jay details his upcoming conference schedule and weekend report on ethics and compliance observations from the Florida version of the Magic Kingdom.
- Listeners to this podcast can received a discount to Compliance Week 2017. Go to registration and enter discount code CW17TOMFOX.