The top compliance roundtable podcast is back with a wealth of new topics. Stayed tuned to the end where there are some heartfelt and somber rants in this edition.
- Matt Kelly opens with a discussion on Uber from the policies and procedures framework. Matt rants on the danger of overly legalistic approaches to compliance.
For Matt Kelly’s posts on Uber and the intersection of policies and procedures, see the following:
- Mike Volkov considers blockchain and how it will impact compliance going forward. Mike rants on the current state of the Department of Justice.
For Mike Volkov’s post on blockchain and compliance, see the following:
For reading on blockchain and compliance, see the following:
Will Blockchain Transform Compliance? by Tom Fox
Blockchain Explained, by Zach Church in MIT Sloan Management Review.
- Jonathan Armstrong considers the trend of fake news and mis-information around GDPR. Jonathan most somberly rants on the Grenfell towers disaster.
For the Cordery Compliance client alert see the following:
- Jay Rosen brings a detailed discussion FCPA sabermetrics in the context of of the dearth of FCPA cases brought forward under the Trump Administration and Session Justice Department. He considers the numbers, the continuing departures of numerous Justice Department career employees and new political appointees as well. Jay rants on breaking news.
The members of the Everything Compliance panel include:
- Jay Rosen– Jay is Vice President, Business Development Corporate Monitoring at Affiliated Monitors. Rosen can be reached at JRosen@affiliatedmonitors.com
- Mike Volkov – One of the top FCPA commentators and practitioners around and the Chief Executive Officer of The Volkov Law Group, LLC. Volkov can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Matt Kelly – Founder and CEO of Radical Compliance, is the former Editor of Compliance Week. Kelly can be reached at email@example.com
- Jonathan Armstrong – Rounding out the panel is our UK colleague, who is an experienced lawyer with Cordery in London. Armstrong can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org
The top compliance roundtable discuss is back! Check out Everything Compliance-Episode 13.Click to tweet