Jay and I return for a wide-ranging discussion on some of the top compliance and ethics related stories, including:
1. Telia settles massive FCPA enforcement action. See reports by Dick Cassin the FCPA Blog, here and here. The Telia resolution documents include SEC Cease and Desist Order, SEC Press Release, DOJ Information, DOJ Press Release and DOJ DPA. The Coscom settlement documents include the DOJ Information and Plea Agreement.
2. New concerns about money laundering in Venezuela for US commercial entities. See article in the FCPA Blog.
3. Airbus Launches Internal Probe Into Unexplained Payment. See article by David Pegg and Rob Evans in The Guardian.
4. ENI releases new information about allegations of bribery and corruption in Africa. See article by Jaclyn Jaeger in Compliance Week.
5. Compliance Week Editor Bill Coffin interviews Hui Chen. See Bill’s article in Compliance Week.
6. More details on the FCPA probe of Uber. David Ingram reports in Reuters.
7. Astros clinch the AL west.
8. Burner phones, Ole Miss recruiting scandal and compliance. Tom explores in Compliance Lessons from Burner Phones.
9. This month’s podcast series on One Month to a More Effective Compliance Program is in full production. In September, I am reviewing innovations for your compliance program. This week’s topics include superforecasting in your compliance program, OODA feedback loop, real-time v. right-time monitoring in your compliance program, improvisation in compliance and putting compliance at the center of business strategy. Oversight Systems is this month’s sponsor. It is available on the FCPA Compliance Report, iTunes, Libsyn, YouTube and JDSupra.
10. The Jay Rosen weekend report preview.
Check out the week’s top FCPA, compliance and ethics stories on This Week in FCPA with Tom Fox and Jay Rosen.Click to tweet