Jay and I return for a wide-ranging discussion on some of the top compliance and ethics related stories, including:
- Hui Chen details the failings of ISO 37001 on her blog, Hui Chen Ethics. Kristy Grant-Hart responds in the FCPA Blog. Henry Cutter summarizes the two positions in WSJ Risk and Compliance Journal. For additional perspective, see Tom’s blog post from February in the FCPA Compliance Report.
- DOJ convenes working group to boost corporate cooperation. See text of speech here.
- What is compliance contagion? Ben DiPietro reports in the WSJ Risk and Compliance Report.
- How IBM is using Big Data in FCPA compliance. See article in Just Anti-Corruption (sub. req’d)
- Transparency International UK has a new online tool to provide businesses with practical and in depth guidance on tackling bribery and corruption. See article by Rory Donaldson in the FCPA Blog.
- Matt Kelly considers the intersection of compliance and harassment in Radical Compliance.
- Astros come home tied 1-1 with the Dodgers. Will they close things out in Houston?
- Join Tom’s monthly podcast series on One Month to a More Effective Compliance Program. In October, I consider compliance with business ventures such as in the M&A context, joint ventures, distributors, channel ops partners, teaming agreements and all other manner of business venture. The fourth week I take a deep dive into compliance for different types of business ventures. This month’s sponsor is the Volkov Law Group. It is available on the FCPA Compliance Report, iTunes, Libsyn, YouTube and JDSupra.
- The Everything Compliance gang recorded a podcast at the 2017 Compliance and Ethics Institute, with special guest Roy Snell sitting in for Mike Volkov. The podcast went up Thursday October 26th and you can check it out here.
- AMI SVP Eric Feldman is speaking in Houston on November 2, at 1:30. If you are in Houston, please plan to join us. For more information see the GHBER website for details and registration.
- Jay previews his overdue Weekend Report.
Jay and I talk about the FCPA, compliance, ethics and the Astros on This Week in FCPA.Click to tweet