Jay and I return for a wide-ranging discussion on some of the top compliance and ethics related stories, including:
- Roy Shell considers whether compliance officers should be liked or respected. See his article on the SCCE Compliance and Ethics Blog.
- What is the intersection of sports, corruption and compliance? Jaclyn Jaeger explores in Compliance Week.
- The Alere FCPA enforcement action emphasized the convergence of rev rec and corruption. Richard Bistrong considers in the FCPA Blog.
- Bill Coffin asks who will be the next compliance hero, see his article in Compliance Week.
- Ireland requested a review by the European Court of Justice of the legality of contracts governing data transfers between Europe and the U.S. Ben DiPietro reports in the WSJ Risk and Compliance Report. Jonathan Armstrong reports from the UK perspective on the Cordery Compliance website.
- More chaos from the Trump Administration as Secretary of HHS Tom Price resigns. Matt Kelly reports on the ethical considerations in Radical Compliance.
- Proving once again that he is not a mere mortal, Jose Altuve hits 3 home runs in the first division playoff game, which the Astros win 8-2. He becomes only the 9th player in MLB history to do so. Stephanie Apstein reports in SI.com.
- Join Tom’s monthly podcast series on One Month to a More Effective Compliance Program. In October, I consider compliance with business ventures such as in the M&A context, joint ventures, distributors, channel ops partners, teaming agreements and all other manner of business venture. The second week I continue to take a deep dive in M&A and begin JVs under the FCPA. This month’s sponsor is the Volkov Law Group. It is available on the FCPA Compliance Report, iTunes, Libsyn, YouTube and JDSupra.
- Jay and I will be podcasting a live episode of This Week in FCPA from the SCCE 2017 Compliance and Ethics Institute, stay tuned for details on time.
- The Everything Compliance gang is back with Episode 19. Check in with the top roundtable podcast in compliance by clicking on Everything Compliance.
- Tom premiers an exciting new services offering the Doing Compliance Master Class.
What are the week’s top ethics and compliance stories? Jay Rosen and I review on This Week in FCPA.Click to tweet