In this episode, Jay and I return for a wide-ranging discussion on some of the top compliance and ethics related stories, including:
- We discuss our highlights from the recently concluded SCCE 2017 Compliance and Ethics Institute. See Tom’s blogs, here, here, here and here. Click here for a report from Matt Kelly.
- Mike Volkov explores ISO 37001 in a week-long series? See the full week’s series on his site, Corruption Crime & Compliance. Henry Cutter reports on the standard’s slow acceptance in the WSJ Risk and Compliance Report.
- What is the status of your Board’s training for compliance? Ben DiPietro reports in the WSJ Risk and Compliance Report.
- Italian prosecutor charges Shell and former execs with overseas bribery. Dick Cassin reports in the FCPA Blog.
- Revenue recognition rules change in December. Auditors are under orders to ‘show no mercy’ to companies which have not prepared for the changeover. Tammy Whitehouse reports in Compliance Week.
- Continued chaos in the Trump Administration. Matt Kelly is back with addition ethical considerations from HHS Secretary Tom Price in Radical Compliance.
- Astros come home down 3-2 to the NY Yankees. Will they overcome?
- Join Tom’s monthly podcast series on One Month to a More Effective Compliance Program. In October, I consider compliance with business ventures such as in the M&A context, joint ventures, distributors, channel ops partners, teaming agreements and all other manner of business venture. The third week I continue to take a deep dive into JVs under the FCPA. This month’s sponsor is the Volkov Law Group. It is available on the FCPA Compliance Report, iTunes, Libsyn, YouTube and JDSupra.
- The Everything Compliance gang recorded a podcast at the 2017 Compliance and Ethics Institute, with special guest Roy Snell sitting in for Mike Volkov. The podcast will go up Thursday October 26th.
- Tom premiers an exciting new service offering the Doing Compliance Master Class.
- AMI SVP Eric Feldman is speaking in Houston on November 2, at 1:30. If you are in Houston, please plan to join us. For more information see the GHBER website for details and registration.
- Jay previews the Rosen Weekend Report.
Back from SCCE Compliance and Ethics Institute, Jay and I return to discuss some of the week’s top stories.Click to tweet