Jay and I return for a wide-ranging discussion on some of the top compliance and ethics related stories of the week, in our special holiday edition.
- The DOJ/SEC FCPA Guidance turned 5 years old this week. For the compliance practitioner, it is the seminal document on how to do compliance. See Tom’s article in the FCPA Compliance Report.
- Wal-Mart reserves $283MM to settle its outstanding FCPA matter. See article by Dick Cassin in the FCPA Blog. Henry Cutter reports in the WSJ Risk and Compliance Journal.
- Tom Fox and Matt Kelly explore the intersection of shareholder activism and the structure of a compliance program. See Matt’s blog posts on Radical Compliance Part I and Part II. See Tom’s blog post here. Finally Tom and Matt took a deep dive into the issue in Episode 60 of Compliance into the Weeds.
- The FIFA trial is ongoing in NYC. It has featured anonymous jurors, threat against witness and claims that Fox Sports paid bribes. See stories in the WSJ Risk and Compliance Report, The Daily Mail, and Reuters.
- Mike Volkov has a four-part series on putting ethics back into corporate culture. Part I; Part II; Part III and Part IV.
- Tom visited with Marc Havener and Bryan Belknap about using movie clips to expand your compliance training classroom. See Tom’s blog post here.
- Will there ever be another corruption conviction of a politician in the US? Sam Rubenfeld explores this question in light of the hung jury in the Menedez mistrial in WSJ Risk and Compliance Journal.
- SEC report indicates hundreds of millions in whistleblower bounty awards coming. See article in National Law Review.
- Join Tom’s monthly podcast series on One Month to a More Effective Compliance Program. In November, I consider how a 360-degree view of communications can enhance your compliance program. This month’s sponsor is the Dun & Bradstreet. It is available on the FCPA Compliance Report, iTunes, Libsyn, YouTube and JDSupra.
- The Everything Compliance gang put together an eBook of their reflections from the recent SCCE 2017 Compliance and Ethics Institute. It is available for download free on JDSupra. It is also available on the Affiliated Monitors site by clicking here.
What were the week’s top FCPA, compliance and ethics stories? Find out on This Week in FCPA.Click to tweet