In this episode, I visit with Brian Platz who discusses blockchain and his new company Fluree, a new Public Benefit Corporation that has introduced a scalable blockchain database for decentralized applications. Fluree is not healthcare specific, but there is a lot of potential for blockchain.
In this podcast interview we covered the following:
- What is a scalable blockchain database and why is it important?
- What are some of the healthcare use cases for Fluree?
- Transparency and consensus as key attributes of block chain. Does that contradict healthcare’s needs for privacy and security?
- Who will leverage this technology in healthcare? What are its uses in the broader compliance context?
- What impact will healthcare consumers and patients see as a result of Fluree?
- Fluree organized as a Public Benefit Corporation. What does that mean for the company going forward?
Brian Platz is the Co-CEO and Co-Chairman of Fluree, PBC, a decentralized app platform. FlureeDB is the first true blockchain database. Fluree Advocate is our first decentralized app example on the Fluree platform, it enables single-click social employee advocacy to be both simple and rewarding. Prior to starting Fluree, Brian co-founded SilkRoad technology which grew to over 2,000 customers and 500 employees in 12 global offices. Brian serves on the board of directors for Fuel 50, one of the highest growth HR technology startups. He is also the co-founder of A List Apart, a web publication, 22 book series, and global conference for the web development community to expand their knowledge.
FlureeDB supports a variety of blockchain consensus according to desired transaction characteristics. Low-consensus needs (internal transactions) transact very rapidly, while high-consensus needs leverage the benefits of decentralized, public record and verification. FlureeDB’s query allows joins across multiple DBs, so multiple consensus DBs can be queried as a single DB system.
You can find out additional information by checking out the Fluree website by clicking here.
How do transparency and consensus work as key attributes for blockchain in compliance?Click to tweet