In this episode, Jay Rosen and myself take a look at some of the top compliance stories over the past week.
- Are CCOs at risk? Indeed is should the entire compliance industry be running for cover. Adam Dobrik explores explore in GIR. Court Golumbic explores in “The Big Chill”: Personal Liability and the Targeting of Financial Sector Compliance Officers” in the NYU Compliance and Enforcement Blog.
- Tom and Mike Volkov argue the new FCPA Corporate Enforcement Policy has ended, once and for all, the debate around amending the FCPA to add a compliance defense. See Tom’s article in Compliance Week Magazine and listen to Mike Volkov’s podcast.
- The FCPA will be with us for years to come, argues Jaclyn Jaeger in her Compliance Week piece, “How the FCPA withstands the test of time”
- Teva Pharmaceuticals resolves bribery case with Israel authorities. Chiam Gelfand reports in a guest post on the FCPA Blog.
- Ben DiPietro considers whether AI will have machine executable rules, in the Wall Street Journal Risk and Compliance Report.
- Roy Snell publishes a heartfelt letter to retiring Pat Kelly, the FBI Integrity and Compliance Officer in the SCCE Blog.
- Matt Kelly explore the salary misconduct penalty in two posts on his Radical Compliance blog, The Salary Penalty for Misconduct and More Thoughts. Matt & I explored the issue on the most recent episode of Compliance into the Weeds.
- Jonathan Marks explains why skepticism is an auditor friend in Skepticism – a Weapon to Fight Fraud in his Board and Fraud blog.
- Join Tom’s monthly podcast series on One Month to a More Effective Compliance Program, sponsored this month by Convercent. In January, I bring together the entire year of compliance program best practices with 31 days to a more effective compliance program. It is available on the FCPA Compliance Report, iTunes, Libsyn, YouTube and JDSupra.
- Tom announces his next Compliance Master Class, sponsored by Marcum LLP. It will be held on February 12 & 13 at Marcum’s offices in Miami, FL. More information or a copy of the agenda, or to register, will be available on my website, FCPA Compliance Report or at Marcum LLP.
- Join Tom and Dun & Bradstreet CCO Louis Sapirman for a SCCE Webinar on 360-Degrees of Compliance Communication. Registration and information is available here.
- Jay is too worried about Tom Brady’s hand to get out a weekend report. Should he be? Jacob Feldman reports in Sports Illustrated.
- We preview this week’s NFL playoffs.
Jay Rosen and Tom Fox are back with the week’s top compliance and ethics stories on This Week in FCPA.Click to tweet