The top compliance roundtable podcast is back with a wrap up with a review of the first year of the Trump Administration and its impact on the compliance profession. Stayed tuned to the end for riffs and rants in this edition.
- Is Jay Clayton who we thought he was? Matt Kelly takes a look at SEC Chairman Jay Clayton and explores some of the SEC’s changes, initiatives and what did not change. Matt riffs on the new compliance officer comedy, which will be piloting on FX television.
For Matt Kelly’s musings on Jay Clayton, the PCAOB, government rule-making and the SOX compliance debate, see the following:
- Mike Volkov summarizes the Mueller investigation, using a timeline to highlight where it has been, key pleas from key players and where it may be going. Belying his normal contrarian state, Mike relates how doing yoga has put him in a blissful state.
For Mike Volkov’s excellent 3-part podcast series on the Mueller investigation and related blog posts, see the following:
- Did anything really change over the past year for the compliance practitioner? Jonathan Armstrong considers what really changed in the world of anti-corruption compliance under the Trump Administration and answers with a resounding Not Much. Jonathan Armstrong rants on Hudson’s News stores at airports which inevitably do not have anything Traveler Armstrong needs.
For the Cordery Compliance client alerts see the following:
- In a year where it appeared not much happened in the FCPA, Jay Rosen says the new FCPA Corporate Enforcement Policy is a significant step forward for compliance. Jay Rosen rants on his New England Patriots Super Bowl loss.
For Jay Rosen’s post on the new FCPA Corporate Enforcement Policy see the following:
The top roundtable in compliance is back with a wrap up of compliance issues from Year 1 of the Trump administration.Click to tweet
The members of the Everything Compliance panel include:
- Jay Rosen– Jay is Vice President, Business Development Corporate Monitoring at Affiliated Monitors. Rosen can be reached at JRosen@affiliatedmonitors.com
- Mike Volkov – One of the top FCPA commentators and practitioners around and the Chief Executive Officer of The Volkov Law Group, LLC. Volkov can be reached at email@example.com.
- Matt Kelly – Founder and CEO of Radical Compliance, is the former Editor of Compliance Week. Kelly can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jonathan Armstrong – Rounding out the panel is our UK colleague, who is an experienced lawyer with Cordery in London. Armstrong can be reached at email@example.com