This week the gang sticks a roundtable Q&A, with a focus on the Michael Cohen imbroglio. Jay Rosen considers the lessons to be learned in hiring third-parties. Matt Kelly considers issue from the COSO angle: the control environment v. compliance activities. Mike Volkov weighs in search warrant and Bank Secrecy Act perspective. Jonathan Armstrong adds his own unique British perspective (IE., snark) to the conversation. Immediately after the commentary we have the following rants and shout out:
- Matt gives a shout out to Preet Bharara to encourage him to run for NY state Attorney General.
- Mike rants on CEO and C-Suite involvement in more and more corporate scandals.
- Jonathan rants on inane GDPR opt-in emails, which hopefully will end when GDPR goes live May 25.
4. Jay rants on the lack of respect for his beloved Red Sox and throws in some Yankee hate.
- Jim Moore steps in for a special guest rant on the Boston/Cleveland series officiating.
For more reading on Cohen, compliance and the continued story, read the following:
Matt Kelly’s blog posts:
Tom Fox’s blog posts:
To listen to additional podcasts on Michael Cohen by the Everything Compliance panelists, check out following:
Mike Volkov’s Corruption, Crime and Compliance podcast:
Tom and Matt’s Compliance into the Weeds podcast:
The members of the Everything Compliance panel are:
- Jay Rosen– Jay is Vice President, Business Development Corporate Monitoring at Affiliated Monitors. Rosen can be reached at JRosen@affiliatedmonitors.com
- Mike Volkov– One of the top FCPA commentators and practitioners around and the Chief Executive Officer of The Volkov Law Group, LLC. Volkov can be reached at email@example.com.
- Matt Kelly– Founder and CEO of Radical Compliance. Kelly can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jonathan Armstrong– Rounding out the panel is our UK colleague, who is an experienced lawyer with Cordery in London. Armstrong can be reached at email@example.com
The host and producer of Everything Compliance is Tom Fox theCompliance Evangelist. His most recent book, The Complete Compliance Handbook is available on amazon.com.
The Everything Compliance gang is back with its unique take on Cohen and Friends. Check out Episode 28 it some great rants.Click to tweet