With The Complete Compliance Handbook sitting at the top of the rankings in its first week of sales, Jay Rosen and myself take a look at some of the top ethics and compliance stories over the past week.
- Tom’s new book The Complete Compliance Handbookwas released on Monday May 21. It is No. 1 in Amazon’s New Releases in Business Ethics. Available on Amazon.com. Purchase an autographed copy here. It is reviewed in the FCPA Blog, Radical Complianceand Corruption, Crime and Compliance.
- GDPR is live. Are you ready? Check out Tom’s blog postand white paper. For yet more on GDPR see the podcast series Countdown to GDPR: Episode 1 –Introduction; Episode 2 – The Role of the Data Protection Officer; Episode 3 – Policies and Procedures; Episode 4 – DPIAs; Episode 5 – Vendors in GDPR Compliance; Episode 6 – GDPR for Communications Professionals; Episode 7 – Data Security and Data Breaches and Episode 8 – Subject Access Requests
- Compliance Week 2018 is in the books. We review some of our highlights.
- The SFO brings new charges in the Unaoil matter. Dick Cassin reports in the FCPA Blog. Mara Lemos Stein reports in the WSJ Risk and Compliance Review.
- Matt Kelly considers doing compliance in the midst of corporate downturns, in Radical Compliance.
- DOJ announces two new indictments in the Rolls Royce bribery case. Dick Cassin reports in the FCPA Blog.
- Doing business with Pemex, it now requires contractors to have compliance program. Luis Corres reports in the FCPA Blog.
- What is nudging in compliance? Ben DiPietro reports in the WSJ Risk & Compliance Journal.
- The DOJ’s Evaluation of Corporate Compliance Program still resonates with complaince practitioners to help think through compliance programs and issues. Sascha Mastussak considers it in the SCCE Blog.
- Rockets take the lead in their series with Golden State 3-2 and are heading out west. Celtics head back to Cleveland up 3-2.
- The Everything Compliance gang is back in the Cohen and Friends edition. Check it out here.
Tom and Jay take on the potential Rockets/Celtics NBA finals and all the week’s top compliance stories on This Week in FCPA.Click to tweet
For more information on how an independent monitor can help improve your company’s ethics and compliance program, visit our sponsor Affiliated Monitors at www.affiliatedmonitors.com.