With The Complete Compliance Handbook still sitting at the top of the rankings in its first week of sales, Jay Rosen and myself take a look at some of the top compliance stories over the past week, in the we’re still no.1 Edition.
- GDPR is live. What does it mean for hotlines and whistleblowers? Ben DiPietro considers in the WSJ Risk and Compliance Journal. Cheryl O’Neill asks if contracts are a hidden risk under GDPR in Corporate Compliance Insights.
- Modernizing compliance: a viewpoint from the front lines, a report by Jaclyn Jaeger in Compliance Week. (sub req’d)
- What are the parameters of third party due diligence? Jonanthan Marks explains in his blog, Board Advisor.
- What does Roseanne and her termination by ABC mean for compliance professionals? Matt Kelly explores in Radical Compliance. Tom and Matt take a deep dive into the matter in Episode 83 of Compliance into the Weeds.
- How texting can expose your company to legal liability. Mike Pagini writes about it in Corporate Compliance Insights.
- Legg Mason reserves $67 Million for a FCPA settlement. Dick Cassin reports in the FCPA Blog.
- Mike Volkov says compliance officers need to up their game, prepare for the reckoning and do more in educating Boards and senior management on their roles in compliance. All found in his blog, Compliance and the Reckoning.
- What are the limitations of big data in compliance program? Henry Cutter explores the WSJ Risk and Compliance Journal.
- The Rockets and Celtics both gag on the big one: both losing in the conference finals at home, in Game 7. Fortunately the Red Sox and Astros are the two best teams in baseball and are playing this weekend.
- Tom announces a new Compliance Master Class, which will be held in Houston on June 21 & 22. Information and registration is available here. Learn about compliance from the guy who wrote the book on compliance.
- Support your local book sellers! River Oaks Bookstore, 3270 Westheimer, in Houston is now stockingThe Complete Compliance Handbook. Tom will be on hand for a book signing on Thursday, June 28 from 5:30 to 7.
- Tom’s new book The Complete Compliance Handbookremains No. 1 in Amazon’s New Releases in Business Ethics. It is available oncom. Purchase an autographed copy here. It is reviewed in the FCPA Blog, Radical Complianceand Corruption, Crime and Compliance.
- Join me next week on a five-part exploration on Suspension and Debarment with AMI Managing Director Rod Grandon. It is available on the FCPA Compliance Report, iTunes, Libsyn, YouTubeand JDSupra.
For more information on how an independent monitor can help improve your company’s ethics and compliance program, visit our sponsor Affiliated Monitors at www.affiliatedmonitors.com.
Check out the week’s top ethics and compliance stories on This Week in FCPA, with Tom Fox and Jay Rosen, in the We’re still No. 1 edition.Click to tweet