As get ready for a holiday week, Jay Rosen and myself are back in the saddle again to take a look at some of the top compliance stories from the past week.
- What happens when you lose your ethical way and its splashed across the front page of the NYT? See article in the New York Times by By Walt Bogdanich and Michael Forsythe on McKinsey and its ill in South Africa.
- Walt Pavlow asks if business schools should stop teaching ethics and substitute the US Sentencing Guidelines. Check it out in Forbes.com.
- What is the real world role of a CCO? Kelly Swanson explores in Just Anti-Corruption (sub req’d)
- Why using independent monitors is forward thinking in the compliance realm. Bart Schwartz explore in the FCPA Blog.
- The SFO charges Unaoil for bribery and corruption. Dick Cassin reports in the FCPA Blog. Sam Rubenfeld reports in the WSJ Risk & Compliance Journal.
- Did the leopard change its spots or did something real change? Delaware supports an overhaul of benficial ownwership requirements. See article by Henry Cutter in the WSJ Risk & Compliance Journal.
- An AML sentencing bookend a FCPA sentencing. Tom explains why this is important in the FCPA Compliance and Ethics Blog.
- After the announcement of the new FCPA Corporate Enforcement Policy in November 2017, what should we call the new type of declination? Maddie McMahon explores in the Global Anti-Corruption Blog.
- SEC votes to limit whistleblower awards. Will it impact the SEC whistleblower program? Francine McKenna explores in MarketWatch.com. Henry Cutter reports in the WSJ Risk & Compliance Journal.
- Tom’s new book The Complete Compliance Handbookremains a hot seller. It is available on Amazon.com. Purchase an autographed copy here. It is reviewed in the FCPA Blog, Radical Compliance and Corruption, Crime and Compliance.
For more information on how an independent monitor can help improve your company’s ethics and compliance program, visit our sponsor Affiliated Monitors at www.affiliatedmonitors.com.
What were some of the week’s top ethics and compliance stories? Find out on This Week in FCPA with Jay Rosen and Tom Fox.Click to tweet