Recorded just after the official start of summer, the Everything Compliance gang returns to its four focused topics. We are joined in this episode by Jonathan Marks, a partner at Marcum LLP. After the commentary we follow with rants.
- Matt Kelly is now convinced that the Trump Risk is a real thing. How can compliance professionals help companies in the age where reputational issues can arise literally with one tweet by the President or one administration policy which goes south?
- Tom Fox explores the key themes in the SocGen/Legg Mason FCPA enforcement actions.
- Jonathan Marks joins us a special guest and takes a look at how the US Supreme Court decision in Digital Realty Trust v. Somers severely damaged internal whistleblower/hotline systems as it removed retaliation protection from employees who go internally first and not to the SEC. How can companies win back employee’s trust on this issue?
- Jay Rosen considers that both the head of the SEC and No. 2 at DOJ have recently given speeches talking about corporate culture. With this new emphasis by regulators, what should compliance be doing in response?
The members of the Everything Compliance panelist are:
- Jay Rosen– Jay is Vice President, Business Development Corporate Monitoring at Affiliated Monitors. Rosen can be reached at JRosen@affiliatedmonitors.com
- Mike Volkov– One of the top FCPA commentators and practitioners around and the Chief Executive Officer of The Volkov Law Group, LLC. Volkov can be reached at email@example.com.
- Matt Kelly– Founder and CEO of Radical Compliance. Kelly can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jonathan Armstrong– Rounding out the panel is our UK colleague, who is an experienced lawyer with Cordery in London. Armstrong can be reached at email@example.com
On this episode, we are joined as a special guest panelist, Jonathan Mark, a partner at Marcum LLP.
The host and producer (and sometime panelist) of Everything Compliance is Tom Fox the Compliance Evangelist.
Check out the only roundtable podcast around with special guest Jonathan Marks on Episode 30 of Everything Compliance.Click to tweet