To celebrate the Month of 1000 podcasts I am running for each of my podcasts this month, in this episode, the Everything Compliance gang focuses on the past five years; giving a retrospective of where we were, where we are and where we are going from their own perspectives. After the commentary we follow with rants and shout outs.
- Matt Kelly considers how did the 2013 Internal Controls Framework and the 2016 ERM Framework change things (or not)? He notes the two Frameworks provided widely distributed information to consider compliance in a disciplined way. Matt rants on Elon Musk.
- Mike Volkov explores FCPA enforcement over the past 5 years. He lists the top 3 developments: (1) the long road to the FCPA Corporate Enforcement Policy; (2) The Yates Memo and individual prosecutions and (3) The global framework, built by the DOJ and SEC for anti-corruption investigation and enforcement. Mike rants on disgraced Representative Chris Collins.
- Jonathan Armstrong focuses on the evolution of data privacy. Numerous actors, including legislatures, regulators, individuals and pressure groups have all influenced EU/UK policy in this area. Further as US companies have become larger and larger, EU/UK Fair Trade/anti-trust and privacy laws will be used to greater effect on these entities. Armstrong shouts out to compliance when walking one’s bovine in Norwich City.
- Jay Rosen considers changes in compliance from the vendor perspective. He notes that many vendors brought a business process approach to not only how law firms and investigative firms worked but also how companies approached compliance programs. Jay rants on the NFL owners attempting to stop players from exercising free speech.
- Tom throws in a shout out for retiring Wall Street Journal reporter Ben DiPietro, who retires from the WSJ Risk and Compliance Journal on August 14.
The members of the Everything Compliance panelist are:
- Jay Rosen– Jay is Vice President, Business Development Corporate Monitoring at Affiliated Monitors. Rosen can be reached at JRosen@affiliatedmonitors.com
- Mike Volkov– One of the top FCPA commentators and practitioners around and the Chief Executive Officer of The Volkov Law Group, LLC. Volkov can be reached at email@example.com.
- Matt Kelly– Founder and CEO of Radical Compliance. Kelly can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jonathan Armstrong– Rounding out the panel is our UK colleague, who is an experienced lawyer with Cordery in London. Armstrong can be reached at email@example.com
The host and producer (and sometime panelist) of Everything Compliance is Tom Fox the Compliance Evangelist.
Check out where we were, where we are and where we are going on the 5-year retrospective edition of Everything Compliance.Click to tweet