In this episode, I chat with Erica Salmon Byrne, the EVP and Executive Director of Business Ethics Leadership Alliance for Ethisphere. We visit on Ethisphere’s 2018 World’s Most Ethical Company awards. Since 2007, Ethisphere has honored those companies who recognize their critical role to influence and drive positive change in the business community and societies around the world and work to maximize their impact wherever possible. The 2018 awards were no exceptions, with the designation going to 135 companies spanning 23 countries and 57 industries. We explore some of the following and much more.
- How long has Ethisphere awarded WME?
- What is evaluated for WME? The five categories include: Ethics and Compliance Program, Corporate Citizenship and Responsibility, Culture of Ethics, Governance, Leadership, Innovation, and Reputation.
3. What is the 3-year ethics premium?
- How does that compare with previous years?
- Did Ethisphere see any common or significant themes for WME 2018 companies?
- Company X is on the list. Problem Y is on the list. Why are they being honored?
- Description of the Ethisphere internal evaluation.
- How does WME literally set the standard benchmark for companies in the area of ethics and compliance?
To read the Ethisphere Research Report Leading Practices and Trends from the 2018 World’s Most Ethical Companies® click here.
Once again Ethisphere’s 2018 World’s Most Ethical Companies® demonstrate that good compliance and ethics leads to greater business returns.