Welcome to Everything Compliance, the only roundtable podcast in compliance. Inspired by our UK colleague, Jonathan Armstrong who inquired if we could explore the guilty plea of Michael Cohen and the guilty verdict against Paul Manafort, we dedicate the next two episodes to issues surrounding, raised by or related to these two events. In this episode we have Mike Volkov and Matt Kelly. Next week Jay Rosen and Jonathan Armstrong. After the commentary we follow with rants.
- Mike Volkov-from Cohen an explanation of how prosecutors build cases with witness flipping. From the Manafort trial, how do prosecutors use documents to tell a credible story when the prime prosecution witness is a slime ball like Rick Gates. Mike rants the absence of any class at the White House in their treatment of the death of John McCain.
- Matt Kelly-Trump has attacked Cohen for being a ‘rat’ and praised Manafort for keeping his mouth shut. Can you use this as an opening to explore what such a diatribe might mean for corporate whistleblowing, particularly in view of the new proposed SEC whistleblower rules. Matt rants against the scooter-share company Bird, which is invading and the retreating from communities without approval, apologies or so much as a by-your-leave.
The members of the Everything Compliance panelist are:
- Jay Rosen– Jay is Vice President, Business Development Corporate Monitoring at Affiliated Monitors. Rosen can be reached at JRosen@affiliatedmonitors.com
- Mike Volkov– One of the top FCPA commentators and practitioners around and the Chief Executive Officer of The Volkov Law Group, LLC. Volkov can be reached at email@example.com.
- Matt Kelly– Founder and CEO of Radical Compliance. Kelly can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jonathan Armstrong– Rounding out the panel is our UK colleague, who is an experienced lawyer with Cordery in London. Armstrong can be reached at email@example.com
The host and producer (and sometime panelist) of Everything Compliance is Tom Fox the Compliance Evangelist.
Mike Volkov and Matt Kelly consider the Cohen guilty plea and Manafort guilty verdict in Part 1 of a special two-part Everything Compliance.Click to tweet