In this episode, I visit with podcast favorite Matt Ellis, a member at Miller & Chevalier on the firm’s always excellent FCPA Summer Review 2018. The first half of 2018 has brought some very interesting FCPA enforcement actions, packed with lots of information for the compliance practitioner. We unpack the key enforcement actions, international developments and some key statistics. Some of the discussion highlights include:
- D&B-how to garner a full declination;
- Panasonic Avionics-need for robust ongoing monitoring of third parties. Not simply a one-time look.
- Society General-as bad as this case was, yet the company still got a discount.
- Legg Mason-parent liable for the actions of its agent.
- Credit Suisse-check out your hiring policies.
To download a copy of Miller & Chevalier’s FCPA Summer Review 2018, click here.