In this episode of Across the Board, I visit with Amii Barnard-Bahn. She is a strategic advisor to Boards of Director and executive coach to many C-Suite members. She specializes in accelerating the success of C-Suite executives and partners with leaders and teams to help scale their business. She has shaped company culture and strategic initiatives as an executive at Fortune 20 companies, smaller businesses and nonprofits, leading multiple functions; including Human Resources, Legal, IT, Communications, and Compliance. Today’s topic is the ongoing turmoil at Tesla around its founder and CEO Elon Musk and his ‘funding secured’ tweet from the corporate governance perspective.
Some of the topics we discuss are:
- What should be the role of the Board going forward?
- What type of Board Chair is needed to make the Board truly independent?
- Why a compliance professional needs to be named to the Board.
- How does either (1) the Board or (2) the company get control over Musk’s personal twitter account?
- Do his other actions: (1) long term lack of sleep; (2) smoking during a public appearance; (3) calling the lead rescuer for the Thai Boy Scouts a ‘pedo’ give rise to other concerns the Board should address?
- Should Musk still have a Board seat?
How should the Tesla Board of Directors respond to the SEC settlement over the Musk ‘finding secured’ tweet and his subsequent actions? Find out on this episode of Across the Board.Click to tweet