In this episode I visit with Jonathan Armstrong on some of the themes that have emerged in the nearly six months since GDPR has gone live. Armstrong has traveled literally across the globe to work on data protection/data privacy matters and has been able to talk to a wide variety of those impacted by GDPR, from regulators in Europe to companies in America.
Some of the highlights are:
- What questions are clients raising over the past few months?
- Have the regulators moved in any surprising ways?
- Regulators are reporting high numbers of data breaches and privacy complaints.
- There are over 100 cross-border cases under investigation.
- There is a Pan-EU investigation of Uber on data privacy.
- The Aggregate IQ case-does GDPR apply to a Canadian company for data in Canada?
Six months after GDPR go-live, what trends have emerged? Find out on Episode 17 of Life with GDPR with Tom Fox and Jonathan Armstrong.Click to tweet