The FCPA Compliance Report is the longest running podcast in compliance. This summer, the Compliance Podcast Network posted its 1000th podcast in its catalogue. The FCPA Compliance Report is the most senior podcast in this network. To commemorate this event, I am featuring a five-year retrospective for the topic of each podcast. In each podcast, I consider where we were, where we are now and where we will be going in the next five years.
In the Episode, I visit with podcast favorite Mike Volkov and we consider FCPA enforcement and compliance programs over the past five years. In this podcast we discuss:
- How the 2012 FCPA Guidance was one of the seminal releases of information by prosecutors and regulators.
- The Ten Hallmarks of an Effective Compliance provide all compliance practitioners with information needed to design, create and implement a best practices compliance program.
- The DOJ and SEC have continually listened to the concerns of businesses and compliance practitioners over the past 5 years in formulating enforcement policies.
- The DOJ telegraphed its enforcement priorities through its enforcement actions.
- The 2017 FCPA Corporate Enforcement Policy was the culmination of this journey.
- Compliance professionals should use data to demonstrate effectiveness and continuous improvement of their compliance programs.
Where has compliance and enforcement been over the past 5 years and where is it going? Mike Volkov and I explore on the FCPA Compliance Report.