Compliance into the Weeds is the only weekly podcast which takes a deep dive into a compliance related topic, literally going into the weeds to more fully explore a subject. In this episode, Matt Kelly (the coolest guy in compliance) and I take a deep dive into recent blown call in the Saints-Rams NFC. We consider the (non) response from the NFL under the rubric of internal controls.
Some of the highlights include:
- What is risk and how should it be considered?
- Who are the stakeholders for professional football? Who are the stakeholders for your organization?
- Does your risk increase the closer you get to the final goal? (IE., playing for the Super Bowl)
- If a control failure can lead to a material adverse event, shouldn’t you have a compensating control?
- Should an organization like the NFL even care about getting it right?
Share Your Compliance Expertise and Help Those in Need!
We need your expertise on ethics & compliance programs! If you’re involved in managing employee policies & procedures, a hotline/incident management program, training initiatives or third party risk management, please share your thoughts on your program effectiveness, success measurements, and key activities and goals for this year by taking part in NAVEX Global’s 2019 Future of Compliance Report survey.
Click here to complete the survey.
For every complete, $10 (USD) will be donated on your behalf to the charity of your choosing from the following charities: UNICEF, Operation Smile, St. Jude Children’s Hospital, Humane Society, Wounded Warrior Project,Médecins Sans Frontières, or Rainbow Trust Children’s Charity. Also, as a thank you for your participation in this annual study, you’ll get access to this valuable benchmark data to create a more effective compliance program.
You can also copy and paste the URL below into your internet browser:
COMMITMENT TO ANONYMITY