In this episode I visit with Hughes Hubbard partner Michael DeBernardis on the Hughes Hubbard 2018 FCPA & Anti-Bribery Alert. We look at some of the key DOJ pronouncements, key enforcement actions, key cases and key international developments. Highlights from the podcast include:
- What is the Hughes Hubbard FCPA & Anti-Bribery Alert?
- The key DOJ policy pronouncements in 2018 around the FCPA Corporate Enforcement Policy, including the anti-piling on policy, M&A safe harbor and how to avoid a corporate monitor.
- A review of the key FCPA enforcement actions from 2018, including Petrobras, Credit Suisse, Panasonic Avionics and Société Générale.
- 2018 saw two rare cases at the Supreme Court impacting the FCPA–Cohen& What do they mean for the compliance practitioner?
- How did the final decision in the UK in the case ENRC protect internal investigations?
- What does GDPR mean for FCPA investigations and enforcement going forward.
To see a copy of Hughes Hubbard 2018’s FCPA & Anti-Bribery Alert, click here.