In this special five-part podcast series, I interview John Gill, the Vice President for Education at the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE). In this series, John discusses five well-known fraudsters; including what caused them to engage in fraud, the fraud scheme they employed and how they were caught. More significantly we tie this what compliance professionals need to have in place to detect and prevent corruption. In this Episode 3, we discuss Andrea Baxendale and explore what is fraud risk. Some of the highlights include:
- How does the Fair Process Doctrine help in fraud detection and prevention?
- Why is segregation of duties is a key anti-fraud and anti-corruption control?
- Institutional fairness is a critical question for the fraud examiner to consider.
- Equal pay for equal work isn’t just a good idea, it’s the law.
- Trust by verify applies to even the most loyal employee.
For listeners of this podcast, the ACFE is offering a free Fraud Risk Assessment Tool. Check out this great offering by clicking here.
For more information on the ACFE, click here.