We are back with our fan favorite Oscar movie month. During the month of February each year, we look at Oscar-winning Best Pictures and consider the leadership lessons we glean from our viewing. This month we look at three: No Country for Old Men, The Sting and The Last Emperor. In this episode of 12 O’Clock High, a podcast on business leadership, Richard Lummis and I take at the 2007 Best Picture winning film, No Country for Old Men. Some of the highlights were:
- One of the key themes of the movie is the tension between destiny and self-determination;
- What have been the changes in law enforcement in the former wild west?
- What does it mean to enforce laws on the former frontier?
- Crime has changed and become more sophisticated. The regulator and enforcers must also change; and
- What happens when a hero, or business leader grows old?