Welcome to the only roundtable podcast in compliance. In this week’s episode, the gang looks at some the issues that are on their collective minds. Shout outs and one rant follow after the commentators say their peace, in this Kudos to Dick Cassin edition.
- Mike Volkov talks about trade sanctions and how the current US-Venezuela imbroglio may play out for US companies. Mike shouts out to Dick Cassin who retired on February 1 as the Publisher and Editor of the FCPA Blog. We all agreed the entire compliance community owes a huge debt of gratitude to Dick.
- Jay Rosen talks about corporate culture and its increasing importance in the overall ethical health of an organization. Jay shouts out to his New England Patriots for their 6th Super Bowl win in the defeat of the LA Rams.
- Tom sits in for Jonathan Armstrong and expounds on what regime change means for the compliance professional. Tom shouts out to Frank Robinson, one of baseball’s greatest players and first African-American manager who recently died.
- Matt Kelly considers four recent SEC enforcement actions involving internal controls and how it may portend greater scrutiny in the FCPA realm of internal controls. Matt rants about company CEOs who do not tell anyone else their passwords before they have the temerity to die.
The members of the Everything Compliance panelist are:
- Jay Rosen– Jay is Vice President, Business Development Corporate Monitoring at Affiliated Monitors. Rosen can be reached at JRosen@affiliatedmonitors.com
- Mike Volkov– One of the top FCPA commentators and practitioners around and the Chief Executive Officer of The Volkov Law Group, LLC. Volkov can be reached at email@example.com.
- Matt Kelly– Founder and CEO of Radical Compliance. Kelly can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jonathan Armstrong– Rounding out the panel is our UK colleague, who is an experienced lawyer with Cordery in London. Armstrong can be reached at email@example.com
The host and producer (and sometime panelist) of Everything Compliance is Tom Fox the Compliance Evangelist. Everything Compliance is a part of the Compliance Podcast Network.