In this episode I visit with podcast favorite Morrison and Foerster partner James Koukios on the firm’s Top 10 International Anti-Corruption Developments for December 2018. We look at some of the key international developments. Highlights from the podcast include:
- Serious Fraud Office prosecutions against employees from Alstom subsidiaries. How did the SFO fare in them?
- SFO also announces new charges in Petrobras spin-off investigations.
- What is the impact of the OECD Report which found a lack of sanctions against bribe takers in foreign bribery cases?
- French court fines Total for bribes paid in Iran.
- In the domestic sphere, the Polycom FCPA enforcement action saw some of the implications from the US Supreme Court decision in the Kokesh. How did they play out?
To see a copy of the Morrison and Foerster Top 10 International Anti-Corruption Developments for December 2018, click here.