A special guest joins the lads this week. Tom and Jay were panelists this week’s at Assent’s Supply Chain Conference as was our guest Pamela Fierst-Walsh who joins in for this special live edition of This Week in FCPA. The trio share their observations around one of the areas of renewed compliance focus and are back to at some of this week’s top compliance and ethics stories which caught their collective eyes.
- KPMG executives go to trial in alleged theft of PCAOB audit protocols. Michale Rapaport in the Wall Street Journal.
- Hawiian businessman pleads guilty to FCPA violations. Harry Cassin reports in theFCPA Blog.
- Do you know who is in your supply chain? Matt Kelly on the Anheuser-Busch commercial featuring Bon & Viv in Radical Compliance. Matt and Tom consider more deeply in this week’s episode of Compliance into the Weeds.
- Why is the ‘ethics’ portion of a compliance and ethics program more important than ever? Mike Volkov explains in his blog, Corruption, Crime and Compliance.
- Avoiding female colleagues is not the answer to #MeToo. It’s discrimination. Ingrid Fredeen explains in the Navex Global’s Ethics and Compliance Matters
- Why is health care in China still a minefield for compliance? Howard Wang explains in the FCPA Blog.
- What are some great digital markets strategies for compliance? Sean Freidlin in Corporate Compliance Insights.
- How does organizational culture impact compliance? Alison Taylor explores in NYU’s Compliance and Enforcement Blog.
- Have you been microchipped? Avi Gesser, David Popkin, and Michael Washington in NYU’s Compliance and Enforcement Blog.
- Tom has a 5-part podcast series celebrating the 15th anniversary of the founding of Affiliated Monitors. Check out the following: Part 1-Vin’s Idea; Part 2-the Early Days; Part 3– Expanding Use of Independent Monitors; Part 4-the Marriage of Independent Monitors and E&C programs; Part 5-Final Reflections. The podcast is available on multiple sites: the FCPA Compliance Report, iTunes, JDSupra, Panoplyand YouTube. The Compliance Podcast Network is now also on Spotify. It is soon to be on Corporate Compliance Insights.
- Tom and Louis Sapirman are joined by Sean Freidlin for a Hanzo sponsored webinar on February 28 on the intersection of a corporate compliance program and corporate communications and marketing. Learn about knocking down silos and using social media in your compliance program. Registration and agenda are available here.
For more information on how an independent monitor can help improve your company’s ethics and compliance program, visit our sponsor Affiliated Monitors at www.affiliatedmonitors.com.