Compliance into the Weeds is the only weekly podcast which takes a deep dive into a compliance related topic, literally going into the weeds to more fully explore a subject. In this episode, Matt Kelly (the coolest guy in compliance) and I take a deep dive into the corporate governance nightmare of the horrific corporate conduct engaged in by Hacienda Healthcare in Arizona over the past few months. Our discussion provides insights into failures at the Board oversight level, corporate governance, CEO, senior management and CCO position.
Some of the highlights include:
- What are the background facts of the matter?
- How could the facility allow the rape of an incapacitated patient who is in a permanent vegetative state?
- Why did the professional investigator brought into to investigate the crime resign so noisily?
- Why was there such a complete total and utter failure by the Board on oversight?
- What, if any, are the potential criminal charges which might be filed?
- Where was compliance?
For additional reading see Matt’s blog post Governance Nightmare in Arizona on Radical Compliance.