In this podcast series, recovering screenwriter (and Mr. Monitor) Jay Rosen and myself will indulge in passion for the movies by looking at them through the lens of compliance. Jay is a contemporary movie fan and I am more of a classic movie maven so we present a well-rounded view of the movie fandom. If you want to indulge in your love for the movies with two guys who are passionate about Hollywood and get some ideas for your compliance program, this is the podcast series for you.For this week’s offering, today we look at the Marvel-universe hero, Captain Marvel.
Some of the highlights include:
- What is the backstory for Nick Fury and Phil Coulson?
- How and why did internet trolls tried to sabotage the film?
- What was the response of Rotten Tomatoes?
- How were Eggs used to great effect?
- The special effects and battle scenes were great.
- Who was honored in different scenes in the movie?
- Jay gives the movie not only a full bucket of popcorn but as second bucket as well. Tom joins with an overflow bucket of popcorn.
The Compliance takeaways:
- Understand where you come from, know your business inside and out.
- Nick Fury recognized a new risk-do you have a trip system for new risks in your organization? Do you have a seat at that table?
- How and why did Nick Fury lose his eye? How do you assess known strategies for unknown risks?
- Get out of the corporate office and into the field to meet your employees.
- Take action, when needed to change the balance.
- As a CCO you may have to take a stand.