In this special 5-part podcast series, I am visiting with David Greenberg, Special Advisor at LRN. We take a deep dive into the LRN White Paper entitled, “What’s the Tone at the Very Top: Board and Compliance: The Role of Boards in Overseeing Corporate Ethics & Compliance”. In this podcast series we explore the white paper in depth and provide the Chief Compliance Officer and compliance practitioner with succinct and practical tips for educating, dealing with and reporting to a Board of Directors. In Episode 2, we consider the average Board of Director’s knowledge of compliance and your game plan going forward. Some of the highlights from the podcast include:
- Why don’t Boards have a better understanding of the compliance function within their organization?
- Why do BOD’s have such little knowledge of the CECO role?
- Why does the BOD tend to focus on what has passed rather forward looking?
- Does your Board have a compliance game plan?
- Why does a BOD need to develop a framework for discussing, evaluating, and measuring ethics and compliance?
- Why should BODs relate ethics and compliance to their companies’ core strategy and be able to have a sufficient point of view to guide and oversee it?
Check out the LRN White Paper What’s the Tone at the Very Top: Board and Compliance: the Role of Boards in Overseeing Corporate Ethics & Complianceby clicking here.