Compliance into the Weeds is the only weekly podcast which takes a deep dive into a compliance related topic, literally going into the weeds to more fully explore a subject. In this episode, Matt Kelly (the coolest guy in compliance) and I take a deep dive into recently announced policy by the Trump White House that all regulatory rules and guidance must be submitted to the White House for review before it goes through Congressional review. Is this a rule making power grab? Some of the highlights include:
Some of the highlights include:
- This is a significant power grab by the White House.
- What is OIRA and can the White House force all new regs and guidance go through it before Congress considers them?
- Will regulatory guidance be treated as regulations? What about SEC No-Action Letters? DOJ declinations?
- Will regulatory reduction continue under this new policy?
- This is an example of how political instability negatively impacts businesses.
- What does this mean for the Democratic nominee to the SEC?
For more reading check out Matt’s blog post “Trump Grabs at Rulemaking“