Compliance into the Weeds is the only weekly podcast which takes a deep dive into a compliance related topic, literally going into the weeds to more fully explore a subject. In this episode, Matt Kelly (the coolest guy in compliance) and I take a deep dive into continued ethical, reputational and business imbroglio which Boeing finds itself in around the 737 MAX airliner, as the company finds itself on the ethical tarmac.
Some of the highlights include:
- Where does compliance come into a sales strategy?
- Who is responsible for entailing safety – the buyer or seller?
- What does it mean from the compliance perspective is a safety upgrade is optional?
- How does regulatory capture affect overseas sales?
- What is the legal analysis around safety and options for safety upgrade on products?
- Who should regulate the supply side-the government or the market?
For more reading check out Matt’s blog post “More on Boeing and Business Ethics”