In this special 5-part podcast series, I am visiting with David Greenberg, Special Advisor at LRN. We are taking a deep dive into the LRN White Paper entitled, “What’s the Tone at the Very Top: Board and Compliance: The Role of Boards in Overseeing Corporate Ethics & Compliance”. In this podcast series we explore the white paper in depth and provide the Chief Compliance Officer and compliance practitioner with succinct and practical tips for educating, dealing with and reporting to a Board of Directors. In Episode 4, we look metrics which a BOD should consider and how a Board should oversee senior management around ethics, compliance and culture.
Some of the highlights from the podcast include:
- CECOs want their boards will send stronger signals to executive management about the importance of embedding ethics and compliance in the company’s business.
- CECOs want boards to hold management more accountable for ethics and compliance
- A BOD should ask management ‘What have you done to assure compliance. Show me.’
- Why should a Board be concerned about metrics around culture?
- What measures should a Board employ for culture and ethics?
Check out the LRN White Paper What’s the Tone at the Very Top: Board and Compliance: the Role of Boards in Overseeing Corporate Ethics & Complianceby clicking here.