Compliance into the Weeds is the only weekly podcast which takes a deep dive into a compliance related topic, literally going into the weeds to more fully explore a subject. In this episode, Matt Kelly (the coolest guy in compliance) and I go into the weeds to explore what exactly is sub-regulatory guidance and why the debate around it by the current administration is seemingly against not only the government’s interest but also business’ interest. Be sure and listen all the way through as Matt goes on a rant at the end of the podcast.
Some of the highlights include:
- What were the remarks of Claire Murray that got Matt so riled up?
- Is the Evaluation of Corporate Compliance Programs, 2019 Guidance just paper?
- What would happen to a company which does not use the 2019 Guidance as a roadmap?
- Why business’ support sub-regulatory guidance?
- Why documentation is critical for multiple parts of a compliance program?
- What do Murray’s remarks mean for the compliance practitioner?
For the full text of the remarks of Principal Deputy Associate Attorney General Claire Murray at the Compliance Week 2019 Annual Conference, click here.