In this episode I have back with me, fan favorite James Koukios, partner at Morrison and Foerster. This is Part 2 of a two-part series where we discuss the firm’s always great Top 10 International Anti-Corruption Developments newsletter. In this episode, we take a look at some of the key highlights from the February newsletter. In the most recent episode, we detailed some of the key developments from the January newsletter. We also have a special segment on the FCPA Opinion Release Procedure. Some of the highlights from the podcast include:
- DOJ Files $38 Million Civil Forfeiture Action in Connection with Malaysia Sovereign Wealth Fund Scandal
- What is the role of civil forfeiture in anti-corruption enforcement?
- 9thCircuit Court of Appeals Vacates Federal Whistleblower Retaliation Verdict Against Bio-Rad. What does this mean for whistleblower cases going forward?
- UK Serious Fraud Office Closes Two Foreign Bribery Cases. Gutless move on the part of the new director or is something else going on?
- What is the Opinion Release Procedure? How a company can use it? What happens on the DOJ side once a request comes into the DOJ?
For further reading, see the Morrison and Foerster Top 10 International Anti-Corruption Developments for February 2019, by clicking here.