In this podcast, data privacy/data security expert Jonathan Armstrong and Compliance Evangelist Tom Fox use the framework of GDPR to discuss a wide range of issues relating to these topics. They consider what the US compliance and InfoSec security expert needs to know about what is happening in the UK, Europe and beyond. In this episode, I visit with Jonathan Armstrong a topic which does not seem to garner the attention that it deserves in data protection; that being passwords. Some of the issues and highlights are:
- What is two-factor authentication?
- How, when and where should your use it?
- What are the most common passwords still in use?
- Why are passwords one of the most basic forms of data security protection?
- What are the lessons to be learned?