On this day prior to “May the 4thBe With You” the lads bid farewell to Chewbacca the Wookiee and hello to the DOJ new Guidance on what constitutes a best practices compliance program. Jay and Tom discuss both events some of this other week’s top compliance and ethics stories which caught their collective eyes.
- New Guidance released by the DOJ. Read the full Guidance here. Mike Volkov, Tom Fox, Matt Kelly and Jonathan Marks all weigh in.
- Assistant Attorney General Brian Benczkowski delivered the goods on compliance programs at ECI IMPACT 2019. Tom takes a deep dive the FCPA Compliance Blog. See full text of his remarks.
- Why is GDPR like sex education? Bill Tolson Schools us in Corporate Compliance Insights.
- Credit Suisse in more deep trouble over tuna boat scandal. Rick Messick in Global Anticorruption Blog.
- Compliance Week premiers a new website. EIC Dave Lefort explains what it means for you on Compliance Week.
- Management of 3rdparties is where the rubber meets the road. Mike Volkov explains in Navex Global’s Ethics and Compliance Matters.
- European Banking Authority ends investigation into Danske bank scandal with no action. Jon Rusch reports the fall out on Dipping Through Geometries.
- What’s the social nature of work? Bard Papegaaij on The Analysts Syndicate.
- Veronica Martinez says there are four stages of a compliance program: Prevent, Detect, Investigate and Remediate. She takes a deep dive into the Investigation component in Harvard Law School Forum on Corporate Governance and Financial Regulation.
- Tom has a special 5-part podcast series with David Greenberg, Special Advisor at LRN on Boards and Compliance. Check out the following: Part 1-What’s the Tone at the Very Top; Part 2-Board Understanding and Your Game Plan; Part 3– Not Enough Time/Not Enough Depth; Part 4-Metrics and Senior Management; Part 5-the road ahead. The podcast is available on multiple sites: the FCPA Compliance Report, iTunes, JDSupra, Megaphone,YouTube, Spotify and Corporate Compliance Insights. The Compliance Podcast Network is now up and running.
- Jay and Tom are joined by Sean Friedlin to take a deep dive in Marvel’s Endgame in Popcorn and Compliance. The podcast posts on Saturday, May 4 at 6 AM on the above sites.
- Our favorites scenes involving Chewbacca.
For more information on how an independent monitor can help improve your company’s ethics and compliance program, visit our sponsor Affiliated Monitors at www.affiliatedmonitors.com.