Compliance into the Weeds is the only weekly podcast which takes a deep dive into a compliance related topic, literally going into the weeds to more fully explore a subject. In this episode, Matt Kelly (the coolest guy in compliance) and I take a deep dive into SEC enforcement action announced against KPMG this week.
Some of the highlights include:
- Which part of the scandal is worse-bribery/corruption or falsifying standards?
- Can KPMG be trusted going forward?
- What led to the Board investigation of the educational scandal?
- Is this the end of KPMG? The Big Four?
- How could the firm create a culture so antithetical to integrity?
- Where does KPMG go from here?
- Who is qualified to be the Monitor?
- Will there be an additional SEC enforcement action?
For additional reading see Tom’s blog post Day of Reckoning for KPMG-Failures in Ethics