Welcome to the only roundtable podcast in compliance. In this episode, we conclude a two-part episode where we consider the Trump Administration and Compliance, Part 2. In our prior episode, Part 1 Sarah Hadden, Mike Volkov and Matt Kelly as gave their views. This episode features Jay Rosen, Jonathan Armstrong and your host, Tom Fox.
- Jay Rosen considers the evolution in the DOJ’s thinking about corporate compliance programs from the Benczkowski Memo in October 2019 to the Evaluation of Corporate Compliance Programs, 2019 Guidance, issued in April 2019. Jay shouts out on those who help out.
- Jonathan Armstrong discusses the wild swings in US trade policy, and the administration’s overall antipathy to the EU and UK trade regimes, data protection laws and commerce in general. Jonathan rants on British politicians whose admissions of recreational drug use could keep them from entering the US.
- Tom Fox considers what the three top enforcement actions from the first half of the year tell us where DOJ enforcement may be headed. Fox rants on 24-hour helplines which are not working numbers.
The members of the Everything Compliance are:
- Jay Rosen– Jay is Vice President, Business Development Corporate Monitoring at Affiliated Monitors. Rosen can be reached at JRosen@affiliatedmonitors.com
- Mike Volkov– One of the top FCPA commentators and practitioners around and the Chief Executive Officer of The Volkov Law Group, LLC. Volkov can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Matt Kelly– Founder and CEO of Radical Compliance. Kelly can be reached at email@example.com
- Jonathan Armstrong–is our UK colleague, who is an experienced lawyer with Cordery in London. Armstrong can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sarah Hadden–Publisher at Corporate Compliance Insights. Hadden can be reached at Sarah@corporatecomplianceinsights.com.
The host and producer (and sometime panelist) of Everything Compliance is Tom Fox the Compliance Evangelist. Everything Compliance is a part of the Compliance Podcast Network. Now it is part of C-Suite Radio.
Check out Part 1 of this two-part series here.