Tom and Jay are on opposite coasts yet again. But they are back together to consider Walmart, TechnipFMC and a host of other news from the world of compliance and ethics. They are back to discuss some of this week’s top compliance and ethics stories which caught their collective eyes.
- Last week Walmart, this week TechnipFMC. Harry Cassin breaks it down in the FCPA Blog. Dylan Tokar in the WSJ Risk & Compliance Journal.
- The pundits weigh on Walmart. Tom has a four part series (Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4) Mike Volkov has a 3-part series (Part 1, Part 2, Part 3) Matt Kelly says it’s the end of an era in Radical Compliance.
- How did Walmart’s $900+ in presettlement expenditures impact its final penalty? Dylan Tokar explores in the WSJ Risk & Compliance Journal.
- Mike Lynch takes the stand in London, says Meg Whitman wasn’t up to the job. Richard Crump reports in Law360.
- After FBI skewered DOJ gets conviction in Boston FCPA sting trial. Department of Justice Press Release.
- Internal control airball in Sacramento? Matt Kelly explores in Radical Compliance.
- What is the state of cyber security in mid-2019? Jonathan Rusch explores on Dipping Through Geometries.
- Does the EU whistleblower initiative enhance corporate culture? Pauline Blondet in CCI.
- Can regulators leverage monitors? Jay Rosen explores on CCI.
- Tom has a special 5-part podcast series this week, looking the current state of compliance with Terry Orr, MD of Kroll, who was the sponsor of the series. Check out the following: Part 1-Orr’s Journey to compliance; Part 2-significant FCPA enforcement actions; Part 3– the new DOJ Guidance; Part 4-Private Equity and Compliance; and Part 5-new challenges in healthcare compliance. The podcast is available on multiple sites: the FCPA Compliance Report, iTunes, JDSupra, Megaphone, YouTube, Spotify and Corporate Compliance Insights, Compliance Podcast Network and now on the C-Suite Radio Network.
- AP Capaldo-Aoun and Marcia Narine Weldon join the Compliance Podcast Network with their new podcast Integrity Factor. Check them out here.
- Tom and Hanzo combine for a new eBook THE 2019 GUIDE TO INTERNAL INVESTIGATIONS FOR COMPLIANCE – An eBook on Planning, Protocols, Data Collection, Triage, and Remediation. It’s available for download at no charge here.
For more information on how an independent monitor can help improve your company’s ethics and compliance program, visit our sponsor Affiliated Monitors at www.affiliatedmonitors.com.