Compliance into the Weeds is the only weekly podcast which takes a deep dive into a compliance related topic, literally going into the weeds to more fully explore a subject. In this episode, Matt Kelly (the coolest guy in compliance) and I go into the weeds to explore Matt’s recent interview of Theranos whistleblower Tyler Schultz. We use this as a starting point to discuss what a company can do when everyone knows that fraud is going on but no one says anything about it.
Some of the highlights include:
- Tyler Schultz tells his story.
- What was the conversation inside Theranos?
- Was it an open secret the company was engaged in fraud?
- Why do employees take baby steps to whistleblowing?
- Employees need to feel like there is someone listening.
- Are there any alternative areas of power in a company, such as the Board of Directors?
For further reading see Matt’s blog post-What Drives Open Secrets