Compliance into the Weeds is the only weekly podcast which takes a deep dive into a compliance related topic, literally going into the weeds to more fully explore a subject. In this episode, Matt Kelly (the coolest guy in compliance) and I go into the weeds to explore recent Facebook settlement with the SEC and the FTC. We also explore what the new DOJ antitrust investigation may portend going forward.
Some of the highlights include:
- This is now the second SEC settlement under this fact pattern.
- The SEC settlement was three times the amount of the Yahoo settlement.
- Did the FTC settle too low (or too high)?
- Is Facebook prevented from doing anything going forward?
- What is the impact if any on the stock price? Does the market even care?
- Is the DOJ antitrust investigation simply a politically motivated attack?
- Has the administration thought through the implications of its antitrust investigations?
- For further reading on Conn’s see Matt’s blog posts: Facebook, Power and Antitrust Issues