Welcome to the only roundtable podcast in compliance. Today, we have the full quintet of Mike Volkov, Jay Rosen, Matt Kelly, Jonathan Armstrong and Sarah Hadden. Rants and shouts outs follow the commentary for this episode.
- Jay Rosen considers why governmental entities other than the federal government benefit from independent integrity monitors in their oversight capacity. This includes state AGs, state regulators, counties, cities and school districts. Jay reflects on the anniversary of his father’s death and shouts out to his memory for all the great advice he got from him.
- Jonathan Armstrong considers how the ICO has bared its teeth in two recently proposed enforcement actions for data breaches; British Airways and Marriott. Jonathan shouts out to the England team which won the recently concluded Cricket World Cup and to the graciousness in defeat of the New Zealand team which lost in heartbreaking fashion.
- Sarah Hadden reflects on her six-month ride as owner/publisher of Corporate Compliance Insights. Hadden shouts out to a team of a female filmmakers who have formed One Vote at a Time dedicated to the eradication of gun violence. Not only do they believe in a future free of gun violence but they deploy skills to elect legislators at all levels of government to fight for it.
- Matt Kelly considers the compliance lessons from the Trump Administration’s detention camps on the US/Mexico border. Kelly rants about the USOC which is hiring its very first CCO. He also notes that it took him six clicks to find the USOC Code of Conduct on the Commission’s website.
- Mike Volkov discusses the new DOJ Antitrust Division’s Evaluation of Corporate Compliance Programs in Criminal Antitrust Investigations. Volkov shouts out to the Greater Houston Business and Ethics Roundtable (GHBER) as a model for local business ethics groups.
- Tom joins in a shout out to the author Andrea Camilleri, who at the age of 69, took up mystery novel writing and came up with the Inspector Montalbano detective books.
The members of the Everything Compliance are:
- Jay Rosen– Jay is Vice President, Business Development Corporate Monitoring at Affiliated Monitors. Rosen can be reached at JRosen@affiliatedmonitors.com
- Mike Volkov– One of the top FCPA commentators and practitioners around and the Chief Executive Officer of The Volkov Law Group, LLC. Volkov can be reached at email@example.com.
- Matt Kelly– Founder and CEO of Radical Compliance. Kelly can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jonathan Armstrong–is our UK colleague, who is an experienced lawyer with Cordery in London. Armstrong can be reached at email@example.com
- Sarah Hadden–Publisher at Corporate Compliance Insights. Hadden can be reached at Sarah@corporatecomplianceinsights.com
The host and producer (and sometime panelist) of Everything Compliance is Tom Fox the Compliance Evangelist. Everything Compliance is a part of the Compliance Podcast Network.