In this episode of the FCPA Compliance Report, I visit Michael DeBernardis, Counsel at Hughes Hubbard. We discuss the Trump Administration’s China Initiative and how it may impact FCPA enforcement efforts and spark a potential backlash against US companies.
Some of the highlights include:
- What is the China Initiative?
- Why is it significant?
- What developments have you seen over the past 6 months since its announcement?
- Does the China Initiative tie into the effort for greater transparency of Chinese owned companies in America per the Senate bill on auditing?
- Does the China Initiative mean the FCPA is being weaponized? If so, what are the implications?
- What about China push back? FedEx or even GSK?
You can find more information on see DeBernardis and Zygielbaum’s article Revisiting the China Initiative: Will the Focus on FCPA Prosecutions of Chinese Companies Produce Results?