In this podcast series, recovering screenwriter (and Mr. Monitor) Jay Rosen and Tom (the Compliance Evangelist) indulge in passion for the movies by looking at them through the lens of compliance. Jay is a contemporary movie fan and I am more of a classic movie maven so we present a well-rounded view of the movie fandom. If you want to indulge in your love for the movies with two guys who are passionate about Hollywood and get some ideas for your compliance program, this is the podcast series for you.For this offering, we consider the recently released Toy Story 4.
Some of the highlights include:
- Why did this movie seem to come from a place of revenue generation over emotion?
- Where was the heart of the movie?
- Why did the entire movie seem so contrived?
- Lack of minor characters playing much of any role.
- The introduction of ‘Forky’ and does this character work?
- Jay gives the Inside Hollywood story of the production.
- Jay gives the movie not only a half-full bucket of popcorn but a stale half-bucket as well. Tom joins with a half-bucket of popcorn as well but goes with fresh popcorn. Both were very disappointed in the film.
Some of the Compliance takeaways:
- How do you onboard new employees around compliance and ethics?
- What is your investigative protocol?
- Get out of the office and into the field.